Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

On 3/23/2010 9:10 PM, Steve wrote:
On 2010-03-22 22:01:18 -0400, "J. Clarke" said:

This is not about supporting deadbeats and illegals, it's about the
government ordering us to buy something that we don't want. Not taxing
us and having it provided, but telling us you _must_ buy this product.

Show of hands, please. Who here does not already buy health insurance?

And suppose everyone here has it, or nobody here has it, or some of us
have it and some of us don't, what of it? I'm sorry, but your poll has
no relevance to the point in question.

Suppose the government told you that you _must_ buy a Unisaw whether you
want one or not and whether you can afford one or not. Would you say
that that was acceptable? If not then why is them telling you that you
_must_ buy insurance acceptable?