Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Design for my garage shop

Simple. Call the power company and mention that just maybe someone
is stealing power. Can they have a guy come out and check out this funny
connection.....

Await the experts.

martin

Bill wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

I'm updatiing my description. It's dark outside and drizzling. Both meters
are moving.

There's a meter on the back of the house (behind the main panel) and
another one on a pole 40 ft from the house. Below the meter on the pole
is a small box (15A), attached by conduit, to the bottom of the meter--no
more than a 3/8" gap betweeen them.

A much longer piece of conduit (3/4"-1") comes out of the bottom of the side
of the box and goes up into the back of the "transformer".

It's concievable that the meter is my neighbors as we both have power lines
from the same pole, in which case maybe it's his box (but it still doesn't
make sense that the conduit goes back up into back of the transformer).

My wife, who is pretty clever, and suggested turning it off to find out what
its for! : )

I think it's possible that my shut off in inside that 2'x2'x2.5' box I
mentioned earlier, it's unlocked and would be easily reachable with a
ladder. Another conceivable place is inside my meter's box--which has a
special clip on it. I'm not going tampering with either, so I have no needs
for any warnings! : ) Maybe I'll turn the small box off sometime though,
just to see what happens....

Bill