Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

On 03/23/2010 02:56 PM, busbus wrote:

Like i have been opining: I want to go back to our real form of
government--a REPUBLIC. People think we are a democracy and we are
NOT.

Would it not be true to say that the US is a representative democracy,
but where majority rule is tempered by minority rights?

And as for what happened on Sunday and this morning, with the
Democrats ramming something down the throats of the American people
even thought we did not want it

Isn't this the whole point of representative democracy? You don't need
a majority of the population as a whole to support something, only a
majority of the delegates.

Also, it seems like "ramming down the throats" a bit strong for
something that was a plank in his platform starting several years ago.

As of yesterday's Gallup poll results, 49% of adult Americans thought
the passage of the bill was a "good thing" and 40% though it was a "bad
thing".
(http://www.gallup.com/poll/126929/Sl...l-Passage.aspx)

Chris