Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default Throw away woodworking tip

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
Every time I see this I think how cool it is. No big deal but I just
keep forgetting about it and when I see it done...

Using pocket screws for panel glue-ups.

My buddies cabinet shop rarely has to glue up panels. They mostly buy
their doors and use ply otherwise. When they have need for the odd job
it is always a hubub. They tried a few different things like this
vertical rack made of aluminum slats, etc.

Now, if one side of the panel will be hidden, like a table top, they
just run some pocket screws on each side of the glue joint, they clamp
the boards lightly down to a work table, run the pocket screws in from
each side and they can start using the panel right away.

No biggie, just kinda cool.

And the best part, unlike with brads, you can remove them after the glue has
set up. ;~)

John