Posted to rec.woodworking
busbus busbus is offline

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

On Mar 23, 4:22*pm, Jack Stein wrote:
I personally think it is the goal of extreme progressives to put as
many people into the situation that they NEED the government to
survive. *The more tax recipients that are there, the more they need
the government, and the longer these bozos stay in power.

I see you didn't need my last post to you. *This is exactly right, other
than the "extreme" adjective. *Progressives are simply "progressing"
towards something and that is communism, and extreme is understood:-)

Yup! You are right: I didn't need that post! LOL!!

I think the progressives play into the emotions of people. Hell, it
is terrible seeing people who are down and out but, WTF? That will go
on and on forevermore. We will always have the poor and needy among
us. We will always have the widow and the orphan, so to speak. And,
yes, in these extreme cases, a little help is necessary but only
enough to get these people into the position to add to society, not
suck from others. All of the liberals I talk to are so damn myopic
and cling to the terrible things they see and hear and read about from
the media in this country. Dontcha know that stuff SELLS??

Like i have been opining: I want to go back to our real form of
government--a REPUBLIC. People think we are a democracy and we are
NOT. The founding fathers did not want a democracy. Thomas Jefferson
aid this about democracies: "A democracy is nothing more than mob
rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights
of the other forty-nine." And he was right and IS right!

John Adams said this about a democracy: "Democracy... while it lasts
is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember,
democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders
itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide."

And as for what happened on Sunday and this morning, with the
Democrats ramming something down the throats of the American people
even thought we did not want it, Jefferson said this: "Every
government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone.
The people themselves are its only safe depositories."

And Adams would have had this to say: "Power always thinks... that it
is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws."

Ugh. I am sick of this debate. But I am not going to roll over and
play dead and let the progressives take away this country of mine
without a fight.