Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:06:07 -0700 (PDT), busbus
wrote:
Listen, you are getting unreasonable. You are more or less saying
that people who suck money out of the system and never give back do
not exist or only make up a small fraction of our society.

I didn't even come close to saying that they didn't exist. What I was
saying was that corporate greed and the scramble for profit outdo the
cost of welfare bums by an immense margin.

How many times have you read about a company being bailed out while at
the same time, their senior staff have been paid a golden handshake of
some type numbering in the millions of dollars?

How many times has the same thing happened when a company goes into
bankruptcy, senior staff get their "performance" bonuses and thousands
are laid off without a cent?

Hell, it happens up here in Canada too. Look at Nortel. Huge
performance bonuses get paid out, the company closes it's doors and
thousands are out on their butt with no job and less chance of finding
one.

Explain to me how all these things are allowed to happen and then the
logic of blaming it all on welfare cheats. Then maybe we can attempt
some type of logical conversation.