Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] alan200@iinet.net.oz is offline

Default Why do razor blades get dull so fast?

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:29:27 +0700, John
wrote:

I had a Rolls Razor - looked like a chunk of straight razor blade with
a handle on it. It came in a case with a strop on one side and a home
on the other. British made and I used it for years.

I have one, it was my father's, which I occasionally use if I do
not shave for longer than a week. Normally I use a Philips
rechargeable daily but over 2 days the Philips stalls on my beard.
Easiest way is use a Remington groomer after 2 days and finish with
the Philips.
I have not used blades for about 50 years, they used to cut my skin
and it swelled and bled profusely.

Alan