Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Why do razor blades get dull so fast?

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Mar 22, 6:50 pm, "Steve Lusardi" wrote:
If you use those shaving creams/foams/gels, they also help to erode the
blade edge. It is very advantageous for the manufacturer
of the blades to have a short life. Try using normal bar soap. It
lubricates much better and will double blade life.
Steve

Ivory bar soap applied with a badger brush. Hose out the razor with
the WaterPic afterwards.

jsw

As I read these tips I remember a radio jingle for McCulloch chain saws,
about a lumberjack who used one to shave his beard. g

They just don't make jingles like that anymore. It must have been around
1958.

--
Ed Huntress