Jim Helfer

Default WORKING TIPS FOR NEW WOODWORKERS 1

"Expert Woodworker" wrote in message
.95...
"Jim Helfer" wrote in
:

You may have tested the particular item, but who's to say that when
_I_
buy one, it won't be the same branding, but completely diffferent (and
even junkier) guts? That's how these cheap tool makers work, isn't
it? (That's how cheap PC builders work).

Also, I have some air tools, and use them from time-to-time, but
what the
heck is an air screwdriver?

Jim H

"Expert Woodworker" wrote in message
.95...
B a r r y B u r k e J r .
wrote in :

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:43:50 GMT, Expert Woodworker
wrote:

Newbies: these are the jerks that I tried to warn you about. I am
sure that the overwhelming majority of users here are quality
people, but a small percentage of them are real jerks.

Any newbie who does a Google group search can tell that I provide
help quite often here, as well as learning a whole bunch myself:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Ke...group_please%4
0ao
l.com+group:rec.woodworking&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=rec.wo
odw orking&start=10&sa=N

Yet a search for your posts includes one post, a "helpful" list of
Harbor Freight items:

Stop the two bit detective work. I never claimed to be a long time
Usenet poster. That does not put a dent in my woodworking experience.
Like I

said,
the specific tools that I endorsed are fine for a beginner. Not an

amateur or a pro. And yes, I agree that a good amount of the HF stuff
is crap, the the stuff I bought for my grandson turned out to be
fine.

I must say that I am shocked at the personal attacks I have gotten today.

knew that there would be one or two, but I certainly am surprised at the
volume. I am up in years. I am not as young as most of you probably are. I
offered advice on a series of products that I recently purchased and I

have
been accused of being a spammer, and my experience has been questioned.

Did
I ever say...hey don't buy a Jet cabinet saw or a Unisaw if you are a
veteran. No. Heck, I don't understand this generation much at all.

Old age is no excuse for bad manners. Your replied to my message with a
complaint about personal attacks. My message contained only polite
questions. There is no way a reasonable person could have interpreted my
remarks as being of a personal manner.

Jim Helfer
"Beginning Woodworker" (And my age is simply and accident of birth).