Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Throw away woodworking tip

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
Every time I see this I think how cool it is. No big deal but I just
keep forgetting about it and when I see it done...

Using pocket screws for panel glue-ups.

My buddies cabinet shop rarely has to glue up panels. They mostly buy
their doors and use ply otherwise. When they have need for the odd job
it is always a hubub. They tried a few different things like this
vertical rack made of aluminum slats, etc.

Now, if one side of the panel will be hidden, like a table top, they
just run some pocket screws on each side of the glue joint, they clamp
the boards lightly down to a work table, run the pocket screws in from
each side and they can start using the panel right away.

No biggie, just kinda cool.

I am missing something here... ;~) Isn't that what pocket hose screws are
intended for in the first place? Was that a secret that I have known about
for the last 15 or so years?