Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Why do razor blades get dull so fast?

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:22:46 -0500, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

Ignoramus7894 wrote:

The short answer is the following.

When I used Gillette blades (Mach3?), they would wear out in two weeks.

Now I use Schick Quattro blades and they last me 6 months.

It is nothing short of amazing.

Wimps, I just use a bic lighter.

My propane torch is quicker. On relaxed Sundays, I use 320 grit
sandpaper in a leisurely way.

(In reality, I use a Norelco electric, as blade razors abuse my
sensitive skin. I think I gave up straight razors because they took
too long, even though I don't think they abused me as much.)

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.