Posted to rec.woodworking
Evodawg Evodawg is offline

Default Mission Style Mantel and TV Wall Project

Swingman wrote:

On 3/21/2010 2:35 PM, Evodawg wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

Cool mantel, Rich. (What's with the red finish? Camera, I hope.)

Thanks, that's the finish the customer picked. Camera is probably showing
a little more red then reality. But that's what they wanted and it does
go along with the mission style in California. Customer loves it, so
that's all that counts, right????

You bet! My mantra ... I just build'em, the customer colors them.

Some of my gorgeous kitchens have been ruined, in my mind, by the
client's color/counter top choices, but what the hell, it's not our call.

Not to mention you can get in real trouble offering to much input. You have
to know when enough is enough. Also I try to limit choices, it just confuses
them with to many and then the stall is on. I have also had customers ask me
to make the choice because they have been told they have no taste. That even
makes me more uncomfortable. If it all goes wrong it's YOUR fault!!!!

I know what I like and I know my taste. I don't know my customers unless I
have worked with them before. Customers either know or have no clue!!! The
ideal situation is your tastes are the same, which ideally never happens.
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK !