Posted to rec.woodworking
Zz Yzx Zz Yzx is offline

Default Buddy, can you spare me a Nine.........

As to the OP, I also saw this, "Sets of letters consist of 27
characters, including period. Sets of figures consist of nine characters
from 0 to 8, the 6 also being used for the 9."

Hey, we've all had brain farts.

Yeah, well.... this brain fart left a skid mark, a little bit, anyway.

BUT, on their behalf, they did include the letter "O" as well as the
number "0" (exactly the same stamp). That's what threw me off
momentarily. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And I take back my original/premature review. Some of the stamps
don't fit well in the press, esecially the "I". I have to use a
big-ass plier to remove the stamp from the tool once I get it in
there. And the force adjustment doesn't really adjust much. And
there's no way to orient the stamps, I hadda' resort to orienting each
stamp with a Sharpie. I'd not recommend this tool if precision is a
requirement.

All that said, I'm satisfied with the tool for the price (I'm using it
to stamp plant names and lethal temps on those aluminum tags to
identify my cactus plants from all over the World).

That's my life and I'm stickin' to it.

-Zz