Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Shop Made Zero Clearance Insert

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
On 3/20/10 1:28 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message
These are very easy to make.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadid...earanceInsert#

Very cool Mike...

I may have to make on with the splitter although I use a similar
removable
splitter now.
Might I suggest a slightly easier way to do the leveling screws? Use
small
3/8" screws on the bottom side. A touch longer to adjust the first time
but
you have no holes on top to catch or fill with debris.

Yes, I do see it taking longer to pop it in and out several times to
adjust the first time, but I like the idea of a clean top side.

I forgot to add, I added a "finger" if you will to the bottom back side of
the insert that goes up under the table top. This absolutely insures that
the back side of the blade does not lift up the back aide of the insert.

I'm going to try a DIY "Tru-Cut Insert System" that has the rectangular
sub-inserts. The extra time needed to adjust the master insert wouldn't
even be an issue, since it would be semi-permanent.

Actually I made several of these inserts for my commonly used dado width
combinations, 4 IIRC. I bet I did not spend 5 minutes total adjusting all
of them. That really is not a factor.