Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Shop Made Zero Clearance Insert

On 3/20/10 1:28 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message
These are very easy to make.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadid...earanceInsert#

Very cool Mike...

I may have to make on with the splitter although I use a similar removable
splitter now.
Might I suggest a slightly easier way to do the leveling screws? Use small
3/8" screws on the bottom side. A touch longer to adjust the first time but
you have no holes on top to catch or fill with debris.

Yes, I do see it taking longer to pop it in and out several times to
adjust the first time, but I like the idea of a clean top side.

I'm going to try a DIY "Tru-Cut Insert System" that has the rectangular
sub-inserts. The extra time needed to adjust the master insert wouldn't
even be an issue, since it would be semi-permanent.

I also have an idea for swappable splitters, using pins/screws that go
in from the edge of the insert, parallel to the top.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--