Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default The Towers bedroom project, Completed!

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
On 3/19/2010 9:33 PM, Leon wrote:
"Morris wrote in message

Looks good - I especially like the headboard/footboard styles.

Thank you Morris. As a side, I priced 4x4 oak. IIRC around $600 for the
posts. No thanks. I ended up building plywood posts, hollow in the
center
and cutting 3/16" thick oak veneer to glue around the perimeters. I
saved
about $550 doing them that way. ;~)

I wouldn't have guessed from looking at the photos. I'm not sure you
should tell people about that. :-D

If by any chance you loooked through the other pictures I have on Flickr,
you may have noticed what I refer to as "toad stools" the post
finals/capitols. They are on a 2x2x8 which slides down inside the hollow
bed posts. Handy for removal when flipping the mattress and a simple
solution for attachment. ;~)

Oh and BTY!!!! I used my Kerf Maker to make the muntins on the upper
panels
on the foot and head boards. All half lap jointery. First try, perfect
fit.

Gotta love a tool that works this well. You might need to think about
applying that savings toward the JM-1. ;-)

I used it again on the light bridge, I neded to cut an 8' long dado to
receive the plywood top. Again, first try was perfect and beat setting up
for 1 dado.