Posted to rec.woodworking

Default folding table instead of leaves

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 06:07:11 -0700 (PDT), the infamous
" scrawled the
following:

On Mar 19, 1:18*am, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:17:43 -0700 (PDT), the infamous
" scrawled the
following:

Several years ago I saw a magazine article on making a dining table.
The author suggested that instead of leaves, make the main table fixed
and build a folding table that you add at the end. *I recently tried
to track down the article without success.

Does anybody know where this article appeared?

I don't think I saw that one. *Have you tried the mags, like
Woodsmith?

Well, I thought it was in Fine Woodworking, so I searched their index,
but no dice. Tried popular woodworking. Tried EBSCO, a giant
database search my library supplies. Haven't found it anywhere.
Woodsmith doesn't seem to have a searchable index....tried a google
search of woodsmith.com but didn't turn up anything.

Those uckerfays require you to PURCHASE their index.

Or any comments on making a wooden folding table?

Can you say WOW!?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlN000oxVkw

Now double that, at least:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHr2W4vWhBU
It's the coolest table I've ever seen, bar none.

I saw a picture of one sort of like these where the leaves stored in a
pillar at the table center, but it was not as slick as the table in
your second video. I don't think I'll be building one of those,
though....

Cool, but not that cool, huh? (crosseyed just thinking about it)

--
Adults are obsolete children. --Dr. Seuss (Theodore Geisel, 1904-1991)