Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T; How Times Have Changed

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 06:45:17 -0500, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

On 3/18/2010 11:31 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:09:59 -0500, the infamous Swingman

Just got my truck renewal notice, for April, this week. I've never tried
doing it online in Texas (I understand it is "participating Counties
only, and from what you say, Harris is one?).

How do you provide "proof of insurance"?

Told me what I gotta do, cher?

Ask your insurance company for a proof card. It says "Swingy has
insurance policy #xyz123, valid from Jan2010 thru June2010. Give him
stickers for his plates, please."

Got plenty of those, but for the online I couldn't find a slot on the
laptop to stuff'em down the uVerse wire to the court house.

Those only come on Windows boxes. So solly.

I use USAA (a Texicus Corporation) and they send my cards every time I
renew, and have for at least a decade. You're not running a
goat-powered pickup bed cart, are you? You got a pick-em-up truck?

Yeppers, my work truck is an 01 Dodge that's getting long in the tooth,
complete with a "40 year" USAA membership bumper sticker on the back
window (woot woot!??).

They never sent me my 25 year sticker. I could complain.

Been a continuous member since 1968. It ain't the same company today as
it was back then, but still top notch ... even do some banking with them
these days.

They've always treated me right, and took care of me when the idiot
woman rearended me on the freeway. Her ins co went tits up when she
filed the claim so USAA paid for my therapy. (no, physical

--
Adults are obsolete children. --Dr. Seuss (Theodore Geisel, 1904-1991)