Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default The Towers bedroom project, Completed!

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
On 3/19/2010 9:37 AM, Leon wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in
each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is
complete
as designed.

Looks good - I especially like the headboard/footboard styles.

Thank you Morris. As a side, I priced 4x4 oak. IIRC around $600 for the
posts. No thanks. I ended up building plywood posts, hollow in the center
and cutting 3/16" thick oak veneer to glue around the perimeters. I saved
about $550 doing them that way. ;~)

Oh and BTY!!!! I used my Kerf Maker to make the muntins on the upper panels
on the foot and head boards. All half lap jointery. First try, perfect
fit.