John

Default WORKING TIPS FOR NEW WOODWORKERS 1

As a newbie woodworker, I appreciate any info that someone might give about
tools. It really is up to the individual looking at that information to
question it's validity. Sometimes you must compromise on tools to start
working while you save up for the next purchase you really drool over.

I, myself, have some not so fantastic tools from Canadian tire, but they
help me get the job done, albeit a little slower and with a little more
care. Judge the intentions of the man and not the content. It is unfair to
critisize this individual with such callousness when he is cleary trying to
help some people get started in this hobby. After almost breaking the bank
just to get a few tools for my own home shop, I can understand the post.
Not everyone can afford to go out and spend a few thousand dollars to get
the good stuff right away. Cheap tools might not cut as well or last as
long or may be noisier, but knowing this and taking more precautions on a
new project can overcome some of these limitations.

Buyer beware is the only thing you need to add to this post. As most of us
are adults this should be an apparent rule. Always search out more
information before making a purchase.

Thats my rant.

Happy holidays to everyone in the group

John Van Schaik

"Swingman" wrote in message
The shiny lure, accurately cast, barely caused a ripple as it 'plonked'

into
the placid waters of the old wRec ....

The Question: Is David at it again?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/18/03

"Expert Woodworker" wrote in message

WORKING TIPS FOR NEW WOODWORKERS - Episode 1