Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is Plain/Flat Sawn Plywood Veneer Worth It?

On Mar 19, 1:15*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message

On Mar 19, 7:09 am, "Leon" wrote:

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message

Yes those few lower panels have some nice figure. Not too common in my
experience. For me, I usually order ply delivered and don't get to
pick through the sheets and even though I can return stuff it isn't
really fair to like order 10 sheets so I can find the one or two with
good figure and return the others when the real expectation is that QS
ply is going to be hit and miss in terms of figure.

As one of the owners of a supplier I use put it, if I pull the order they
get what every one else picks through. *We don't just throw the that stuff
away, *if they don't care enough to pick it out themselves they must not
care what it looks like.

Well for me, the bigger suppliers don't allow anyone in their
warehouse. I do have a place I can go and look at anything I want but
not as convenient and not so easy to look through stacks of ply that
have to be pulled down from racks, etc.