Posted to rec.woodworking
allen476 allen476 is offline

Default Must-have tool.

On Mar 19, 4:33*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 3/19/2010 3:21 PM, Jay Pique wrote:

So this week I installed some cabinets in a new restaurant in
Rochester and somehow or another my favorite hammer disappeared. *It's
a small Craftsman brand hammer with a red rubber head on one side and
a yellow plastic head on the other. *It sits in the hamer loop of my
Carhartt pants all day every day while I'm in the shop and I guess I
didn't realize just how much I used it. *It's perfect for tapping
parts into alignment and I absolutely can't live without it now. *So I
sprung for the additional $10 and got myself another. *Peace has been
restored in my universe. *Just thought I'd mention it because it's
such a handy tool and I'd recommend it to any woodworker.

Know what you mean. My "pacifier" is a saddle square that stays in an
apron pocket. If it's not there, I go looking for it until it is. I lost
the old one on the last cabinet job, and bought two this time.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Mine is an old, beat up, half broken 16' tape measure. It has a small
body that I like. I haven't seen any like it until I went to the BORG
last week. They actually had them but packaged with a larger 25'. I
might breakdown and buy it and give the 25' away.

Allen