Charlie Self

Default WORKING TIPS FOR NEW WOODWORKERS 1

Expert Woodworker shouts:

Wouldn't a woodworker need some sort of measuring device and angle
layout tools? What would you recommend?

Of course, I have tons of this stuff around. He did not need to buy this.

LET ME REPEAT: I ENDORSED A LIST OF SPECIFIC TOOLS THAT WERE PICKED OUT BY
MY GRANDSON.

PS. I would have gladly articulated more if I were not so aggressively
attacked. I'm just an ole man trying to be helpful. Sorry if I appear to be
a joke in your eyes.

You might have been less aggressively attacked if your first note was more
reasoned. You presented your under $500 list as the be-all and end-all of a
start-up shop, not as an approval of items picked by your grandson. But you
provided NO such explanation, nor did you explain he had access to your
measuring and layout tools, or your compressors.

You attacked members of the group first, not by name, but by group, stating
that the "self appointed experts" were jerks who wanted everyone to buy only
top of the line tools. Yet you resent being taken to task for a relatively
goofy list of tools for a beginner--it is actually a better list for someone
expert enough to allow for, and get around, the failings of such cheap tools,
and even then, it's not much good.

You continue to anoint yourself as an Expert Woodworker, but other than tirades
about how you have been attacked, you provide no information about your work,
whether as a teacher or a woodworker, hobbyist or pro. We not only don't know
WHO you are, we don't know WHAT you are simply because you refuse to tell us
even the basics.

Yet you whine on about being attacked aggressively, as you snarl at those who
question your "expert" judgment.

Charlie Self

"Man is a reasoning rather than a reasonable animal."
Alexander Hamilton

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html