Default WORKING TIPS FOR NEW WOODWORKERS 1

On 20 Dec 2003 07:29:50 -0800, (Richard Cook) wrote:

Your post reminded me of a question that came up when discussing a
Christmas gift idea with my wife. She was attempting to locate the
larger amp hour (3.5ah)Panasonic drill recently reviewed in a woodworker mag.
She thought she should get me the "set" that included an impact
driver. I was then and am now unable to imagine a use for an impact
driver in woodworking. When I hear/see impact all that comes to mind
is the dismounting and mounting of automobile wheels.

I would appreciate it if you would elaborate on the need for such a
tool in a wood shop.

Regards,
RichardC

ackshooly, I have heard (tho not tried it out myself) that those
things can eliminate camout when driving phillips head screws. I have
a dedicated screwdriver, more like the air tool described in the OP's
OP.

Bridger