Posted to alt.home.repair

Default looking for a squirrel cage blower

Similar to the blowers they use for drying carpet, or in
public bathrooms to help keep the floor dry. But, your usage
was far more frugal, and used less manufacturing resources.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

Go to any local heating company. They replace furnaces all
the time.
Most of the blowers are still good, and they are probably
happy to get
a few bucks to get rid of one.

I needed a few of them last summer when we had an extreme
heat spell,
and my livestock were suffering in the barn. Commercial
barn fans are
expensive, I got 3 used squirrel cage fans from old
furnaces, at a
local heating company, for $10 each. They work just as well
as
commercial fans, but I always encase them in hardware cloth,
just so
none of my cats get chopped up, or a neighbors kid comes
around.