Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is Plain/Flat Sawn Plywood Veneer Worth It?

On Mar 19, 7:09*am, "Leon" wrote:
"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message

Yes those few lower panels have some nice figure. Not too common in my
experience. For me, I usually order ply delivered and don't get to
pick through the sheets and even though I can return stuff it isn't
really fair to like order 10 sheets so I can find the one or two with
good figure and return the others when the real expectation is that QS
ply is going to be hit and miss in terms of figure.

Figure can be a very elusive thing. I have selected some great pieces
of solid stock for projects only to plane away the great figure with
the removal of just 1/32" off the surface. So I can image why it is
difficult to get good slices for veenering ply.

One of my big hopes is to get my kit business up and running and start
buying custom milled QS WO by the truck load. That is my nirvana!