Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Is Plain/Flat Sawn Plywood Veneer Worth It?

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
My only real experience is with QS white oak and I have found the QS
ply to be very underwhelming in terms of figure. Not sure why that is
but never really had much impressive figure and there is no stability
enhancments since it is ply so the extra money for QS, which looked
like rift wasn't worth it in my opinion.

That can be true, however if you have the time and patients to look through
a quantity of quarter sawn plywood you will in deed find those pieces that
have pretty impressive patterns.
If you look at the foot board on the link below you will see the more
exagerated quarter sawn pattern in the 1/2" plywood panels. The towers are
also made with quarter sawn plywood but more closely resemble what you have
come to expect, a rift sawn look.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...28546/sizes/l/