Posted to rec.woodworking

Default folding table instead of leaves

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:17:43 -0700 (PDT), the infamous
" scrawled the
following:

Several years ago I saw a magazine article on making a dining table.
The author suggested that instead of leaves, make the main table fixed
and build a folding table that you add at the end. I recently tried
to track down the article without success.

Does anybody know where this article appeared?

I don't think I saw that one. Have you tried the mags, like
Woodsmith?

Or any comments on making a wooden folding table?

Can you say WOW!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlN000oxVkw

Now double that, at least:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHr2W4vWhBU
It's the coolest table I've ever seen, bar none.

--
No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up.
--Lily Tomlin