Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T; How Times Have Changed

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:09:59 -0500, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

Geepers Lew, I recall when I was a small boy, 6 years old or so, standing
in line with my dad for those license plates once a year in Texas. But ever
since I have been driving in Texas, 1970 ish you have been able to get
license plates most any where and for several years, 10 + I have been
reordering on line. Reordering on line is especially helpful if the renewal
notice gets lost in the mail.

Just got my truck renewal notice, for April, this week. I've never tried
doing it online in Texas (I understand it is "participating Counties
only, and from what you say, Harris is one?).

How do you provide "proof of insurance"?

Told me what I gotta do, cher?

Ask your insurance company for a proof card. It says "Swingy has
insurance policy #xyz123, valid from Jan2010 thru June2010. Give him
stickers for his plates, please."

I use USAA (a Texicus Corporation) and they send my cards every time I
renew, and have for at least a decade. You're not running a
goat-powered pickup bed cart, are you? You got a pick-em-up truck?

--
No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up.
--Lily Tomlin