Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default O/T; How Times Have Changed

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 3/18/2010 9:16 AM, Leon wrote:

Told me what I gotta do, cher?

I do not to this every time because I wait till the lase minute. I don't
always want to depend on the mail to deliver when it is getting down to
the
wire.
But IIRC when on line you provde your agent's name, policy number, phone
number. They apparently are able to quickly verify and mail you the
sticker.

Just did it ... all you do is provide the license plate number and the
last four of the VIN, and Texas insurance is automatically verified.

I'd heard that there was a new online insurance database that the police
could access by keying in a license plate number. This certainly verifies
that.

Won't be long and there will be a database to make sure your homeowner's
policy is paid ... after all, gotta protect the County's property tax
base.

Good news is despite the $2 online fee, the total cost was, to the penny,
exactly what it was last year when I renewed in person at Randalls.

Good! And less hassle.