Posted to rec.woodworking
allen476 allen476 is offline

Default folding table instead of leaves

On Mar 18, 2:17*pm, "
wrote:
Several years ago I saw a magazine article on making a dining table.
The author suggested that instead of leaves, make the main table fixed
and build a folding table that you add at the end. *I recently tried
to track down the article without success.

Does anybody know where this article appeared?

Or any comments on making a wooden folding table?

How about a drop leaf table? About the same the same principle that
you are looking for. I have a really old cherry drop leaf that also
has leafs. Goes from 28" long to 8' long with both leafs up and the 2
additional leafs in. But you wouldn't have to build it with the 2
center leafs just the drops.

Allen