Posted to rec.woodworking
John Martin John Martin is offline

Default Is Plain/Flat Sawn Plywood Veneer Worth It?

On Mar 18, 12:35*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
I'd say the question, Mike, is whether or not it's worth it to you.
Why would you give a rat's ass about what someone else thinks?

John Martin

Well, John, we're all here because we give a rat's ass what others think.
Otherwise nobody would ask ask questions, right?

Is this tool any good? * Does this technique work? *Does this finish
look any good on this wood? *And my question....

Does quarter or rift sawn look *that* much than flat sawn.
And... does anyone have any pictures of flat sawn on their work?

But thanks for that wonderful insight. * :-p

--

* -MIKE-

Is this tool any good? Does this technique work? Good questions,
which should yield some meaningful answers.

Does this finish look any good on this wood? Might, or might not.
Depends on the viewer, doesn't it?

You've already told us how much you hate rotary cut veneers. Others
may think the rotary cut veneers are fine. You didn't ask about
stability, availability or cost differences. All you care about is
how it looks. And, as it turns out, you don't even know which wood
species you want to use. For all that, Mike, yours is the only
opinion that matters.

I'm thinking of buying a new car. Maybe it will be a truck. My
problem is that I can't decide between red and blue. Can you help me
decide? Would you send me some pictures of red or blue cars or trucks
to help me? Oh, sorry - this is a woodworking group. I'll ask in an
automotive group instead.

They say there is no such thing as a stupid question. They are wrong.

John Martin