Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default O/T; How Times Have Changed

In article , Nahmie wrote:

Doug, let me "add" to the IN BMV tales. Are the BMV offices still
political "plums"? We lived there from late '60 to mid '74, and every
time the state government changed parties, so did the staff at all the
BMV offices! Now you had a whole new staff who didn't know their a**
from their elbow,and you're their OJT guinea pig.

Not any more. That stopped some time in the late 70s/early 80s IIRC.

Do you still have to
show your property tax reciept in order to get your plates renewed?

I never did. OTOH, I didn't start driving until '75.

Now we all "know" that nobody circumvented that system, but seemed
like there were always some BMV staff members who came home @ night
with more money than they went to work with.

Latest problem is BMV employees taking money under the table in exchange for
fraudulent driver's licenses or state ID cards, from people not
legally entitled to have same [read: illegal immigrants].