Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Design for my garage shop

Swingman wrote:
On 3/18/2010 11:57 AM, Bill wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Install 2P-30A branch c'bkr for each 240V stationary tool along with
a 2P-30A, non fused disconnect at (within 10ft) the tool.

I just wished to double-check that this was supposed to be
"Install 2P-30A branch c'bkr for each 240V stationary tool along with
non fused disconnect at (within 10ft) the tool."

This is correct, right? Is is fair to assume that most 15A tools also
have a fuse or internal shut-off system of their own?

IME, don't even bother with 15 amp circuits, except maybe for lights.

In many locales today at least 12 ga wire is required throughout, and it
is simply too easy to use 12 ga and go with 20 amp c'brks for your 120v
tools.

That's exactly what I was planning to do--I'm prudently choosing safety
over (false!) economy. I expect that such decisions will nullify such
factors such as a temperature of 10 degrees in the winter and 95
degrees in the summer... But, by all means, please stop me if I expect
something wrongly!

BTW, the IM for the 15A saw I was looking at suggests putting the saw on
a 20A circuit.

Bill