Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Design for my garage shop

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Install 2P-30A branch c'bkr for each 240V stationary tool along with
a 2P-30A, non fused disconnect at (within 10ft) the tool.

I just wished to double-check that this was supposed to be
"Install 2P-30A branch c'bkr for each 240V stationary tool along with
non fused disconnect at (within 10ft) the tool."

This is correct, right? Is is fair to assume that most 15A tools also
have a fuse or internal shut-off system of their own?

I really feel I am close to knowing everything I will need to wire a
subpanel, some minor but important details concerning wire size, etc., I
can easily look up (I will err on the side of safety).

Meeting all code requirements raises the bar higher. For instance, I
haven't investigated whether one's conduit is expected to covered by
wallboard. Someone suggested that panels and subpanels are supposed to
have a front/backing board for instance (to cover/protect some of the
wiring).

I wish to note that I appreciate the kind, thoughtful and useful help
that I have received here. Learning how to do new things (or even old
things, like constructing a wooden plane) seems to raise my
happiness-quotient. : )

Bill