Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Is Plain/Flat Sawn Plywood Veneer Worth It?

On 3/18/10 9:02 AM, StephenM wrote:
I vote for flat sawn .

IMO, flat sawn cherry looks nice. I made some bedside tables for a buddy
that had cherry riftsawn (solid) tops and drawerfronts. They looked good,
different than plainsawn, but not better.

If it were White Oak I would feel differently, but for cherry stick with
plain.

I guess I confused people with the cherry thing. I just used that as an
example of the price difference. I haven't settled on a wood, yet.
I'll definitely go with cherry, if I can, since we like a natural finish.

I'm not a big fan of oak for cabinets, anyway.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--