Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default Silestone Counter Tops

Ken wrote:
Kate wrote:
For those of you with silestone counter tops, what are the pros and
cons? What you get it again?

Thanks.

Kate

I have had a 3 cm. Silestone counter installed for about two years
now. I have about 54 square feet of it and it turned out beautiful.
The seams are barely visible and one would need to hunt for them in
order to find them. I spent a lot of time researching different
materials and decided on Silestone because it does not stain or need to
be sealed like Granite does. I like things that last a long time and
require little maintenance. I am sure you will have someone install it
that has the proper tools and knowledge, as it is too expensive a
project to risk a screw up.

I am very pleased and would install it again in a heartbeat. Shop
around for the best price as all contractors try to make the most they
can from a project.

I have also ruled out granite. A friend of mine has it, and it is shiny
black and shows all kinds of fingerprints, etc. I think a lighter color
would have been much better, and he agrees.

Glad you like your Silestone, as I think that is what I am going to go
with as well.

Thank you!