Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default Silestone Counter Tops

Han wrote:
Kate wrote in -
september.org:

For those of you with silestone counter tops, what are the pros and
cons? What you get it again?

Thanks.

Kate

We have a Silestone countertop in the kitchen we rebuilt about 7-8 years
ago. We love it. It still looks pretty much like it always did. What I
would different is get the whole thing made of a single piece. Because a
part (about 1/5th) is about 1 1/2 inch wider than the rest, 2 pieces were
matched together. While the seam was totally invisible at first, that
seam is now just a little more visible. We had very soon after
installation a booboo, where a piece with a size of about a coin dollar
chipped out. It was repaired free, but looks a little different from the
rest. Neither "flaw" is found easily by someone who doesn't know where
to look.

We cut on it, and everything. It has never stained, wipes easily, and
because it is white with flecks it is light and still doesn't show a
little dirt. We made the back splash of dark blue tiles, which gives our
tiny kitchen a lot of apparent space.

Thank you for this information.