Frank McVey

Default WORKING TIPS FOR NEW WOODWORKERS 1

Hi Expert Woodworker,

Exactly who are all these self-proclaimed experts? Despite the fact that we
have many valued contributors - professionals from every walk of
oodworking - with hundreds, if not thousands, of years of accumulated
experience, I've only seen one guy who proclaims himself to be an expert
woodworker!

As for starting out with the best, the usual advice I see on this group to
newbies is to start out with the best they can afford. Which is good
advice, but quite a different proposition to spending their life-savings.

Please continue your postings. Despite some weaknesses in the charm and
humility stakes, there's a certain amount of horse-sense in your input and
it will be interesting to learn whether you're a sage or a plage, a weezard
or (hastily gets out the garlic and silver bullet) ........a leezard )

Cheers,

Frank

"Expert Woodworker" wrote in message
.95...

snip

Then you will have the self-procalimed experts (like some of the regulars
of this newsgroup) who will tell you to start out with only the best. This
is nothing but pure liquid hogwash! There is no reason you need to blow
your life savings on power tools to get started as a woodworker.

snip