Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default Design for my garage shop

On Mar 17, 8:03*am, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:06:36 -0400, the infamous "Bill"
scrawled the following:

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
.. .
It is not that different from what can happen with a table saw. You never
take your eyes off of it and be very safety conscious. I should also point
out that getting zapped with the 220 voltage is a much bigger shock and
more serious than the regular 110 volts. DAMHIKT. So do exercise due
caution when working with the higher voltages.

No wonder I'm a GALOOT... *: )

I don't have the energy for that any more. *I've become a
Normanderthal, but I won't give up my ryoba or azebiki or my
Satanleys.

the subject, I -prefer- getting zapped or zinged by 240. It has
enough voltage to throw you off it if need be. When you touch 240, you
KNOW you've been zapped, bygolly. *BTW, none of my zaps has been more
than a few milliseconds, and usually through nitrile gloves when
working on a hot circuit. I haven't done any 240V arc welding since
that little power sypply testing incident in Engineering, when I blew
the 50A circuit with my screwdriver. That's one blinding flash, lemme
tell ya. No, I wasn't blushing, it was sunburn. That's my story and
I'm stickin' to it.

--
No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up.

Unless you're *really* clever, there is no difference between a zap
off 240V and 120V (in the US). It takes work to get across both
"hots" in a 240V circuit. Don't do that!