Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Design for my garage shop

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:06:36 -0400, the infamous "Bill"
scrawled the following:

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
.. .
It is not that different from what can happen with a table saw. You never
take your eyes off of it and be very safety conscious. I should also point
out that getting zapped with the 220 voltage is a much bigger shock and
more serious than the regular 110 volts. DAMHIKT. So do exercise due
caution when working with the higher voltages.

No wonder I'm a GALOOT... : )

I don't have the energy for that any more. I've become a
Normanderthal, but I won't give up my ryoba or azebiki or my
Satanleys.

the subject, I -prefer- getting zapped or zinged by 240. It has
enough voltage to throw you off it if need be. When you touch 240, you
KNOW you've been zapped, bygolly. BTW, none of my zaps has been more
than a few milliseconds, and usually through nitrile gloves when
working on a hot circuit. I haven't done any 240V arc welding since
that little power sypply testing incident in Engineering, when I blew
the 50A circuit with my screwdriver. That's one blinding flash, lemme
tell ya. No, I wasn't blushing, it was sunburn. That's my story and
I'm stickin' to it.

--
No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up.
--Lily Tomlin