Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default About recalls for runaway cars.

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:27:54 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

Roy wrote:

The notion that people can't manage to use two feet in different ways
when driving is silly. Like anything, it's a skill that must be
learned. If you haven't, or are unable, to learn that skill then by
all means continue to let your left foot just flop around on the
floor and use only your right foot while driving an automatic..
Those of use with the skill to use both feet will continue to do so
and be safer and more refined drivers as a result. Perhaps you ought
to give it a try, and I don't mean for 2 minutes, I mean for a week
or two until it's second nature, you might be surprised at how much
smoother and more effectively you can control your car in traffic.
I've driven (cars [with and without a clutch] and motorcycles) and
flown aircraft and never had a problem with my feet getting
confused. It's something you LEARN, just like the rest of the skills
you acquire in life.

Unfortunately, many left foot braking drivers rest their left foot on the brake
pedal, and nobody behind them can tell that they press the brake because their
brake light is on all the time.

I don't see 1 out of 10000 drivers do that and I have no idea if it's
because they left foot brake or what the cause is.