Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Design for my garage shop

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Bill" wrote

Meter question: Understanding this will ease my concerns about my
tester.
How come one can hook it up to two hot 120 lines (240v) and NOT generate
a meltdown in the unit? Big resisters? BTW, I have read some of the
"one hand
in the back pocket" sort of safety suggestions.

You apparently have a 1000 volt tester. It has the internal circuitry to
handle the load as long as it is set for the proper voltage. The important
thing is to just touch what you need tested with the test leads. You don't
use your fingers or other parts of your anatomy. You use the test device
in exactly the way it was intended to be used.

Thank you for the safety reminders--I take them seriously.
I can't believe that they sell this equiptment to just anyone that walks in
off
the street---doesn't SawStop make a voltimeter??? ; )

Bill