Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Polishing nonwoven wheel for buffers

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:33:06 -0500, Ignoramus25445
wrote:

I have a polishing nonvowen wheel on my grinder, that is quite amazing
in its ability to polish metal objects. It is some sort of a nonwoven,
maybe nylon wheel. It is almost completely worn, however, and has no
markings left. Does anyone know what sorts of wheels can be purchased
as a replacement? Maybe 3M EXL wheels, as it seems to be.

Scotchbrite 7S Fine Light Deburring wheel is good for general purpose
polishing. 8S and 9S are OK, too, just a bit harder.

McMaster p/n 46575A73 is probably a 7S, which would make the next two
in the catalog 8S and 9S.

--
Ned Simmons