Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Design for my garage shop

Swingman wrote:
On 3/16/2010 3:35 PM, Bill wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I'm not going to get into a ****ing contest over a c'bkr that costs
less than $10, but dedicating a 2P-30 c'bkr for each 240V load not
only simplifies the installation but also allows you to isolate a
problem load without affecting other loads.

Lew

When the idea of adding an additional (flip) switch to each 240v circuit
was suggested that was one of my concerns--that it was something else to
go wrong, which would in turn would make it harder to isolate a problem.

This is a different issue than Lew's quote above.

yes, I know, but I thought it was related and I was curious about the
value of additional switches.

Don't know about your voltmeter, but ones that can be used for testing
all voltages are very inexpensive and handy to have it you're going to
be doing your own electrical work.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear. I'm going to have to learn to use
mine "better" before I plug it into high voltage...

Bill