Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Design for my garage shop

Lew Hodgett wrote:
snip

I'm not going to get into a ****ing contest over a c'bkr that costs
less than $10, but dedicating a 2P-30 c'bkr for each 240V load not
only simplifies the installation but also allows you to isolate a
problem load without affecting other loads.

Lew

When the idea of adding an additional (flip) switch to each 240v circuit
was suggested that was one of my concerns--that it was something else to
go wrong, which would in turn would make it harder to isolate a problem.

I've got an inexpensive voltimeter which has worked fine for working
with 12v in the car, but I'm not sure whether it would be prudent to
plug it into a 240v outlet. I won't say I'm skeered, but I was thinking
about using it with gloves! : ) I sure believe I should test any
outlet before I plug a new $1000 tool into it.

Bill