Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Saw Stop - Oregon

Leon wrote:
"LDosser" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message

But the saw stop technology does not stop kick back which is still
a real thread if the riving knife is not used, like during a dado
operation.

Does the SawStop work at all with a dado blade or dado set?

Yes there is a special cartridge and the SawStop works even after you
have turned the motor off. When I first learned about the SawStop
about 10 years ago I inquired to see if it works during coast down. It
does.

Interesting idea. Several years ago, our betters decreed that a washing
machine must stop its spin cycle within just few seconds (I think three or
five) after the lid is opened. Wonder why the safety mavens haven't decreed
similar for table saws and the like?

Shhh! Don't tell anybody!