Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Harbor Freight Variable Speed Multitool- $50

On 3/16/10 1:59 PM, Hoosierpopi wrote:
I have several PC293's (? basic modlerouters) with on/off switches.
One Christmas, I bout the VS model on sale and it crapped out within
months. So I traded it in for one with the simple on/off switch and it
has survived (like its brother) for years and years.

I think that, If I wnated to slow the thing down, I'd invest in an
external VS controller.

By the way, why would I want to slow it down?

If you're talking about a router...
it's my understanding that larger diameter bit shouldn't be run at the
full speed most routers can obtain, like 24k rpm.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--