Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Saw Stop - Oregon

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:54:13 -0700, "LDosser" wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message
m...

"RonB" wrote in message
On Mar 14, 11:39 am, "Leon" wrote:
I highly suspect that the blade spinning at 100 mph is still going to
be intimidating.

I would like to think so. But remember, we have a lot of high school
shop class aged folks who are not intimidated by driving a 3,500 car
at 65 mph while texting.

But the saw stop technology does not stop kick back which is still a real
thread if the riving knife is not used, like during a dado operation.

Does the SawStop work at all with a dado blade or dado set?

From http://www.sawstop.com/howitworks/sawstop_whitepaper.pdf:

"The brake mechanism is shown in the drawing to the right. The arrow
shows how the aluminum brake pawl pivots into the teeth of the blade.
The brake pawl is part of a replaceable cartridge that includes the
spring, fuse wire and electronics necessary to burn the fuse wire.
An optional dado cartridge provides the same protection for dado
cuts.

I wonder how easy it is to change to the dado blade set and cartridge?