Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Design for my garage shop

Swingman wrote:
On 3/15/2010 11:00 AM, Robatoy wrote:

I think he should do what Lew said to do.

Y'all go ahead and laugh, now!

I don't think it is apparent to the average person just how much
experience and knowledge is behind that information, particularly with
regard to the sub panel choice/type.

Trial and error on this issue can cost the neophyte beaucoup $$ ...

Okay, Okay, I WILL DO as Lew suggested--and gladly too! : ) : )

He wrote:

Install 2P-30A branch c'bkr for each 240V stationary tool along with
a 2P-30A, non fused disconnect at (within 10ft) the tool.

Question: So this redundancy is a good idea for 240v tools, but is not
as important for ones powered at 120v (which are even more likely to be